Monday 9 July 2018

Meet the Team 2018 - Meg

Hey, my name is Meg. I have been involved in St Andrews Church, Biggleswade for many years. Although I have not worshipped there, I feel as though I have become part of tight knit community through being a member of the youth group and within our fundraising! I finished my A Levels a month ago, in which I studied-History, English Literature and Sociology. I can easily say it was the hardest step in my educational career so I am very much glad it’s over! I’m planning on going to university in September to study Social Sciences with the hope to make a positive political impact on people’s lives in the future.

Our trip to Africa fills me both with excitement and apprehension as it’s a completely new experience but something I anticipate to learn a lot from. I hope our visit will bring a smile to the faces of those we meet, that’s my main goal-just to spread love and joy throughout the communities we become part of. Through this experience I wish to learn more about this disparate culture in order to widen my understanding and appreciation of the world. With this in mind, I hope the trip will allow me to truly appreciate the life that I lead and to solidify the gratefulness I feel towards it.

I have little worries about the trip, I only wish for us all to remain safe throughout our travels and time there. I hope that our group remains close and supportive during the trip and that we can continue to find the positives in whatever difficult situations we may face.

I’m sure I will be forever grateful for this trip and it will be an experience I will never forget. I’m delighted to be able to travel to Africa to serve our mission with such an amazing group and I am looking forward for it to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment