Saturday 7 July 2018

Meet the 2018 Team - Rosemary

I've been part of the community of faith at St Andrew's Church, Biggleswade for almost two years since late-July 2016, when I moved to the town from the south coast. On my first Sunday at St Andrew's a team from the church were visiting Siyathuthuka; and I was pleased to learn so much about Hands at Work once they returned to the UK. It was beyond my wildest dreams that less than a year later, July 2017, I was travelling to our partner community in South Africa! Now one year on, I'm just days away from joining the Cupboard as they travel to the same community, albeit now known as Mafambisa! 

During my return visit, I hope to meet some of the children I saw last year, and to note their progress in school, at home, and in the new Care Point at Mafambisa. Following the recent Maranatha Workshop in Mafambisa, I am sure many new challenges have been identified, and hopefully we will have the opportunity to support the delightful children and adults in that special community. It will also be exciting to again meet members of the Hands at Work team: Care Workers and Care Givers in the community, and long-term global volunteers in the Hub at White River. dv, Holy Home Visits may provide opportunities to visit some of the family homes where we were so warmly welcomed last year. 

George Snyman's recent visit to St Andrew's provided a useful insight into recent developments; and confirmed the special nature of our community of faith's partnership with Mafambisa. Once again, his message, and case studies, overflowed with hope, gratitude, and positivity, making me feel even more excited about the challenges, experiences, and sharing of Christian love which await in a few days time. It will be especially exciting to share these experiences with members of the Cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment