Sunday 8 July 2018

Meet the Team 2018 - Clarrie



Hi, my name is Clarrie and I have been a member of The Cupboard for 5 years, since moving to St. Andrew’s Church 8 years ago from the Isles of Scilly. I have just finished studying my A Levels, and have completed exams in Geography, Sociology and English Literature. I am hoping to go to university in September to study Sociology at either the university of York or the university of Kent.

I have been interested in travelling to South Africa ever since my sister went for the first time in 2015. I am drawn to the sheer joy and happiness that these communities hold, even when their lives seem so broken and damaged. It will truly be a ‘once in a lifetime’ experience to travel to Mafambisa and meet, listen to, and be inspired by the children and care workers we have been supporting through this partnership. I hope to be able to give all that I can to help improve the lives of those around me, even if it is only by a simple smile or hug.

Although the thought of a very long flight scares me, I am excited by the prospect of visiting these communities with such a strong and trusting group of people. I feel completely overwhelmed and privileged with the support we have been given, and pray that we may take this courage and faith with us as group as we prepare to meet these inspirational communities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment