Tuesday 3 July 2018

Meet the 2018 Team - Oliver


Hello, my name is Oliver, I have been worshiping at St Andrews Church, Biggleswade all my life and for the past 5 years have been apart of ‘The Cupboard’. I have just finished studying for my A Levels in Music, Geography and Sociology at Stratton Upper School and I hope to go on to study Paediatric Nursing at university starting in September.

I am very excited for our trip to South Africa, although I cannot believe that it has come around this fast. I hope that this trip will provide joy and love to all those we meet as well as allowing those who haven’t been (myself included) to evaluate our lives based on what we see and experience out in the South African communities. I also hope to be able to bring back the experience and stories from our partner community of Mafambisa to those at St Andrews to remind those who have been previously or to inspire those who have not yet experience the community themselves. I have little worries for the trip, but I pray that God will be there to keep us all safe and guide us on our journey as well as supporting the team so that we can co-operate and work together in unity.

I am thrilled to be able to share this experience in South Africa with the team that we have this year and I ask that you pray for all of us individually as we continue on our spiritual journeys with God as well as a team that we may complete our mission in South Africa harmoniously.

No comments:

Post a Comment