Monday 24 June 2024

Meet the team 2024 - Matthew

Hi, I’m Matthew and I am 20 years old and I have an older sister called Rebekah. I love sport especially football and I play darts for my local team and I also support West Ham. I used to go to St Andrew’s Sunday School and whilst I do have a faith I didn’t continue going to church after 13. I am currently working part time and having not gone to university I have been trying to secure an apprenticeship. I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to join the team, which includes my dad, going out to Africa this year.

 

At this moment in time, I cannot say how this experience will affect me or shape me but by committing to this team and with their support this is something I really want to do. At a couple of the fundraiser events I have stood up with other members of the team and I have acknowledged how  lucky we are here in the UK for instance with ready access to food, transport and places to go and visit and enjoy.  I’m sure this visit will teach me not to take anything for granted. I’m really looking forward to meeting the children and the care givers and to appreciate the lives of those that do not have the same benefits that I have here in the UK.

1 comment: