Friday 28 June 2024

Meet the 2024 team - Harry


My name is Harry and as some of you may well not know me yet he’s a brief introduction. I’m 17 years old studying at sixth form college and live a few miles away from Biggleswade in a village called Fenstanton. You’ll likely know John and Ben - they are my uncle and cousin who I am looking forward to sharing this exciting opportunity with. 

Going to Africa this summer will be a totally new experience for me, seeing life on a different continent and from a totally different perspective. 

I know how lucky I am to live here with all that I have, and think going to Africa will open my eyes to a totally different way of life of those that have so few material goods yet continue to serve others. 

It will be good to spend time with and encourage the care workers through sharing our faith and connecting with God together.

I’m especially looking forward to meeting the joyous children and interacting with them whether it be through playing, singing or simply sharing a smile. 

I am grateful for this opportunity and hope our visit will bring a little joy and care to all those we meet.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fantastic time Harry, I’m sure it will be life changing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harry - Great

    ReplyDelete
  3. They’ll love having you there, Harry. All the blessings +

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will miss you Harry, but wish you all the best for a wonderful trip. You have a lot to offer all you meet. Go in peace and love Pauline. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Harry, have a fantastic experience. Going to new places and experiencing cultures while helping others is always rewarding and I know you will be a massive asset to the team. Also enjoy the sights and possible new wildlife which the locals just take for granted. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete