Wednesday 19 June 2024

Meet the 2024 team - Ben



Hi. I’m Ben, some of you may know me from Church and from visiting Africa last time. To the one’s that don’t, I’m 17 years old and my parents are John and Lucy, who have been to Africa before and I’m going again with my Dad. I have 3 siblings and a nephew; 2 of them have also been privileged enough to visit South Africa with Hands on a couple of occasions, as mentioned in John’s blog. 

I also visited South Africa with my Mum, Dad and the team in 2022 and it was a life changing experience. The challenges of every day life for the families out there put a different perspective on the way we see our own lives. I believe that although times may be tough for all of them, the love of God has sent Hands at Work to help provide an element of stability to those who are in desperate need. 

The reason I have chosen to go again is to inspire others, listen to what God’s calling me to - to revisit how strong the connection between myself and Christ is out there. Last time I went I felt that you hear and see God in everything you do and the way they worship enhances the communication with the Father. 

I think the team this year will be great and there’s quite a few who are going for the first time and I believe it will be brilliant to see their stories and how God is calling them. One of the members in the team is my cousin (Harry), who will explain his story in a few days time and I believe this is an amazing opportunity for us to share together as family. 

Thanks to all those supporting us and helping us to do God’s work. 

Ben

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you’re going again, Ben. I know how much your contributions were valued last time… we could see it in photos& videos, hear it from others’ testimonies and feel it when you came back, told us & can write as above. Hope it’s even better this time. Vaughan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Ben look forward to hearing all about it .

    ReplyDelete