Thursday 23 July 2020

Meet the team...

Linda and Paul

Linda

Hello my name is Linda, and along with my husband Paul, I’m part of the 2020 Team from St Andrew’s and we’ve been preparing to visit Hands at Work in South Africa this year.  I worship at St Andrew’s so have been following the amazing stories of previous Teams who have flown out to be alongside fellow Christians in Mafambisa .

I’m retired and live in Blunham a village not far from Biggleswade where our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter live. I think my husband and I would be described as very ‘hands on’ grandparents and have spent a lot of time looking after our granddaughter who is now 5 years old.  Before I retired I worked for a Christian based social-work charity working alongside families in need.  Seeing the benefit of giving help to local families made me recognise the amazing work being carried out by Hands at Work, showing the love of God in a practical, caring and loving way.

No one could have foreseen early on that the COVID-19 pandemic would affect all of our lives this year, sadly resulting in the 2020 Team being unable to travel to South Africa.  However, we are continuing to keep in touch with the Hands workers sending and receiving regular communications to let the Team there know that we are praying for them, the orphaned children and the families and we receive regular updates on the current situation in Mafambisa showing how they are coping with the virus and with proof that God is there in the hearts and minds of all at Hands at Work and those they care for.

Paul

Hi I’m Paul and I have been attending St Andrews Church for over 35 years.

I want to go to Mafambisa to meet the Care Workers and the Children, to share with them their everyday routines and their hopes and dreams. Our common bond will be our Christianity and sharing worship through bible readings, song, and just “being Christian”.

I will be out of my comfort zone but it will be a privilege to go there and the St Andrews Team and Hands at Work are very supportive.

God bless them all and the work that they do so successfully.


No comments:

Post a Comment