Hi, I’m Lucy, married to John, have 4 children who have all been to South Africa over the 10 years of our partnership; this is my 3rd trip to South Africa with Hands at Work and I am very much looking forward to it . Each visit is different and I feel this will be the case this year! I’m sure we will refer to Chris Parker, many , many times and I thank Chris personally for setting up this partnership and sure all who have visited feel privileged to have gone and spent time with those in South Africa, and found their faith deepened in doing so . This will be particularly poignant as we wash the care workers feet on fellowship (previously appreciation) day, on my last 2 trips I sat alongside Chris in completing this powerful and privileged task.
I am interested in seeing the team at Mafambisa and how the Carepoint has developed since my last trip. I made a personal connection with Kitsewe on my first trip and delighted that she is now the lead amongst the Careworkers at Mafambisa; her situation resonates with me, we share a connection with both having had 4 children and having the gift of hospitality. I am excited to see the children at the care point, I’m sure many familiar faces, it will be good to see how they are developing and see how the Holy spirit is working within that setting and the surrounding community. I look forward to hearing and seeing updates from previous Holy home visits. I’m excited to visit the communities of Pfunani and Seville B this will be my first visit to them, each community have their own characteristics and it will be great to see how these operate.
I look forward to our team bonding, seeing each person on this journey and excited to see how the Holy Spirit works within each of us whilst in South Africa but also on our return to England.
Each trip I have taken I have swept leaves at the Mafambisa Care Point, a small therapeutic act which is something the care workers then don’t need to do … I hope they still have a rake !
I would be wrong if I didn’t say I am slightly anxious but place the trip in the hands of the Lord who will be with me and us all of the way; please pray for us, read the blog and comment it’s such a support to read them.

Enjoy the trip and we look forward to hearing how things are at Mafambisa
ReplyDelete