Returning to Africa: Why This Journey Matters to Me
This is my second trip to Africa, and going back feels just as meaningful as the first time. My first visit, four years ago, was genuinely life‑changing. It opened my eyes to a different pace of life, a different kind of joy, and a community whose strength and warmth stayed with me long after I returned home. Ever since then, I’ve wanted to go back, not just to see familiar faces, but to see how Mafambisa has grown and progressed.
I’m especially looking forward to spending time with the
children again and supporting the care workers who give so much of themselves
every single day. There’s something about being in Africa that reminds me how
simple things can bring real happiness. A smile, a shared moment, a song, a
hand held these small things carry so much meaning. Every time I’m there, I’m
reminded that life doesn’t need to be complicated to be full.
This trip also feels important for my faith. I’m hoping it
brings the same enrichment and fulfilment I experienced before maybe even more.
It’s a chance to step away from the rush of everyday life and reconnect with
what truly matters.
So as I head back to Africa, I’m carrying all of that with
me the memories, the gratitude, the
lessons learned, and the hope for what this next chapter will bring. I’m
excited to see how Mafambisa has changed, but I’m also ready for how it might
change me again.

No comments:
Post a Comment