Monday, 27 July 2026

Meet the team - Ben!



Hi, I am Ben and I’m looking forward and excited to go back to South Africa with the team this year. I have been lucky enough to go twice in the past and enjoyed every minute of both trips. 

My two trips to South Africa gave me a different look on Christianity and my faith. The way they pray, preach and come together to enjoy worship inspired me and allowed me to connect closer to God. Even in some of the cruelest times, these people are still able to believe and give their lives to the Lord and celebrate that each day with uplifting songs. 

The second year I went, to see the children and Care Workers in Mafambisa again was something special. As they run up to you shouting your name after 2 years is incredible. Seeing the Care Workers come out of their shells more post Covid taught us all how meaningful these visits are. 

Since I have last been, I have struggled to stay close to God in the business of life after Sixth Form. However, just before I go to University in September, I believe this is a great opportunity for me to go again and relight my relationship with Christ.

1 comment: