Friday 26 July 2019

Meet the Team - Alice Scott

Alice Scott


Hi, I’m Alice and this will be my third trip to South Africa to be part of the vision and support of Hands at Work. Growing from my two previous experiences, every opportunity to travel out to Africa and meet with the most vulnerable yet strongest children, women and communities is an exciting and challenging opportunity. In each visit, different challenges have been faced by the communities we visit and now, as part of another team who is travelling to support, encourage and show love to these communities, I have an insight and have walked alongside them in their recent history. Being part of their community witness and walking alongside them is a huge privilege.

Asking ‘how are you?’ is a powerful question we ask when visiting communities and walking alongside care workers and care givers. With the time I have spent out in South Africa, this has even greater meaning and significance as we visit and hear the continuing stories of children, women and families from previous years. I can’t wait to see and catch up with old friends and flourishing children, asking them ‘how are you?’. Their answers, in their honesty and bright hope, are why I keep going back! 



No comments:

Post a Comment