Saturday 8 July 2017

2017 Team Introduction - Alice Scott

Alice Scott

I’m Alice and I’m 20 years old. 2 summers ago, I went to Hands at Work in South Africa and absolutely loved it. It was a rewarding, humbling and enriching experience so I am very much looking forward to returning to visit communities and hopefully seeing some familiar faces. Having come to the end of my second year at the University of Kent where I’m studying English and American Literature with Religious Studies, this summer seemed like the perfect opportunity to go back to Africa. South Africa is a wonderful, vibrant country but the hardships are a reality for many people, especially vulnerable and orphaned children. The work of Hands at Work seeks to give children the best chance in life, to reinforce community support networks and to nurture their faith. I’m going back to South Africa to see some of the most vulnerable communities, to ‘turn up’ and show love, care and faith to communities whose strength is infectious.

No comments:

Post a Comment