Thursday 21 July 2016

Introduction to the 2016 Team




Alice Parker


Hi, my name is Alice Parker and I currently live and work in London as a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator and Inclusion Teacher. I have been a member of Kings Cross Church in the heart of London for the last five years where I lead a small group and kids church. The vision of my Church is... 


'to recklessly give ourselves away to God, each other and the people of King's Cross and beyond.' 

I think for me this vision is not only that of Kings Cross Church but of how I want to live my life...I want to be able to love recklessly, give my time recklessly and to share God's love recklessly and to build a community around me that shares this vision. 

The above vision for me sums up what going to Africa at the end of the month is about -although it would be lovely to, it isn't about trying to provide homes for the 53 million orphans across the continent nor is it about building a well and ensuring that people have clean water to drink. These are essential and vitally important but it is about me/us giving time and encouragement to local African communities working on the front-line day in and day out and supporting what they are already doing. It is about stepping out of our comfort zone and being challenged to look beyond our front doorstep!  

For those of you that know me well, will know that South Africa holds a particular space in my heart and has done for a while. I had the privilege of visiting the charity "Hands at Work" last year with 'The Room' and was blown away by the love and joy for God and each other that every person we encountered radiated! 

I am looking forward to being able to share God's Love and Grace with the different people we meet in South Africa and having the opportunity to walk alongside and pray for them. I have no doubt that I am going to find it challenging and difficult at times and my faith will be tested but then if we are going to love recklessly and share God's love recklessly then I also know that God will be there every step of the way cheering us all on!! 

There is so much more to experience, be challenged by and to fall in love with... Let the adventure begin!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment