Saturday 16 July 2016

Introduction to the 2016 Team

Chris Parker

Hi, this will be my 2nd trip to South Africa with Hands at Work. I am looking forward to returning with Claire and Alice and DJ and I am looking forward to returning to some of the African villages that we visited last year, in particular to the community of Siyathuthuka with whom St Andrew's have now established a partnership and hope to build closer links with. One thing that stuck with me from last year was the joy that these people have, especially when they are singing and praising God.

Before I went to Africa the first time, I thought that we in Britain were the fortunate ones, that we were going to 'give' something to the vulnerable people that we meet, and hopefully we will, but you very quickly come to realise that they have so much to teach us, they have so much of Gods love to give to us, I pray for our group going out to Africa in July, I pray that they will see God in everyone they meet, and that they will allow God to speak to each of them through the wonderful people of Africa.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you, Chris, along with your fellow ream members and all who you will be alongside.

    ReplyDelete