Tuesday 12 July 2016

Introduction to the 2016 Team




DAVID BENTLEY



Hi my name is David Bentley, and I'm again excited to be going with St Andrew's Church to Hands at Work in South Africa.  I currently live in Harrogate where I run my own Mechanics Business.   

I spent three and a half years out with Hands at Work, so having the opportunity to go back with a team is fantastic! I first went out to hands in February 2010, originally for 9 months which turned out to be three and a half years! The experiences I had, people I met, the work I have seen God is doing out there, the places I have been, and the help that Hands at Work brings to the communities is truly amazing.  These are all things that I will never forget and will stay with me for life. I think about Hands at Work everyday, the hard work that the volunteers do and the help that this brings to the community; so the opportunity to go back again and to experience all this is brilliant.  

I went with the 2016 team on their team building day on the barge last month and saw the team work together so well. It now only a week until we  leave I know this trip will be life changing for you all, and the support and encouragement you will bring to the communities will be something money cannot buy. There will be times where you laugh, times you will find hard, and times your out of your comfort zone but a ll of this is part of the experience.
  

David




No comments:

Post a Comment