Tuesday 28 June 2016

Introduction to the 2016 Team

CHRIS WYCHERLEY

I have just retired from teaching maths to adult students in a college of further education in Wolverhampton. I have moved to Anglesey with my husband, Clive, so that we can enjoy the amazing countryside and coast line of North Wales.
My husband and I were also heavily involved in Scouting in Wolverhampton, working at first with cubs (age 8 to 10years) and then with Explorer Scouts (age 14 to 18 years). I am therefore used to working with young people and committing on a voluntary basis. I was also a member, for over twenty years, of the St. Chad’s bell ringers at my local church before moving to Wales.
I am really looking forward to working with a different group of people and experiencing a way of life completely different to my own. I hope that I can make a positive contribution to the work of Hands and show that ordinary people from different parts of the world care about the work that they are doing. Hopefully I will then be able to spread knowledge of this work within my own community and come home with a greater understanding and knowledge of another culture, with falls in with the scouting ethos, that we are all members of a worldwide family.

No comments:

Post a Comment