Saturday 24 June 2017

2017 Team Introduction - Rob Butcher

Rob Butcher


I'm Rob Butcher, a retired GP and now the organist at St Andrews Church in Biggleswade. I've seen the work that HANDS do at several events and spoken to friends who have visited already.

I've always been interested in missionary work since I was a small boy. My uncle was a medical missionary in Africa  in the 1950s and 60s and built a hospital there. I was brought up on stories and photographs of the work that he did. He was my inspiration to become a doctor and I regret that  I never had the chance to see his work first hand.

I'm looking forward to seeing a bit of the country, meeting the people and sharing in the work with the children if only for a short time. I'm very grateful for this opportunity to visit Africa. I'm sure it  will be a moving and thought provoking experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment