Saturday 17 June 2017

2017 Team Introduction - Rebecca White


Rebecca White

My name is Rebecca White. I am 23 years old and I’m from Potton in Bedfordshire. Although I currently live in Ipswich, where I am currently studying for my degree in Fine Art at the University of Suffolk. I will be graduating this year and then I hope to continue towards my career goal of becoming an art therapist.

I have a passion for travelling, which stems from my year teaching abroad as my gap year in 2012. I spent a year in India teaching and living within a small community in a town called Ongole, in Andhra Pradesh, South India. Within this I experienced an entirely new culture, lived with about 100 girls aged 3-18 and was involved with the Christian community that they were a part of. Throughout this experience I also gained a knowledge and experience of other religions, which was a learning experience. This experience was truly life changing and is definitely something that I would love to experience again.


This is why I jumped at the opportunity to go to South Africa. I love travelling. I love meeting new people and experiencing new cultures. Finally I love experiencing worship in different cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment